Recipe by Alison Holst, this recipe can be easily doubled.
Lemon, Lime, Orange or Tangelo can all be used in this recipe.
100 g butter
¾ c (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
1 c coconut
Grated rind of 1 or 2 citrus fruit
1 (200g) packet of plain sweet biscuits
1 c icing sugar
1 T soft butter
Citrus fruit juice
1. Collect equipment and measure all ingredients.
2. Grate rind of fruit using fine side of grater.
3. Make biscuits into crumbs using a food processor
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
5. Add condensed milk, finely grated rind of citrus fruit, coconut and the biscuit crumbs to the melted butter. Mix well.
6. Press mixture into a lined slice tin.
7. Mix icing sugar with soft butter than add juice, a few drops at a time, to icing consistency.
8. Spread with a knife and decorate with a fork if desire.
9. Refrigerate until firm.
10. Cut into squares or rectangles and store in the refrigerator