ASPARAGUS AND PEA FRITTATA
: Courtesy of www.seriouseats.com
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, diced
- One (500gish) bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, half- cut into 1cm dice (about 1 cup), half- stalks shaved with a vegetable peeler and tips halved
- 1 cup baby peas (frozen peas are fine)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Approx 4 lightly packed cups pea shoots or other tender salad green
- 1/2 cup loosely packed torn mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1.Adjust oven rack to approx 25cm from heat source and preheat grill to high. Beat eggs in a large bowl with 2 generous pinches of salt. Set aside. In a medium oven-proof non-stick frypan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring, until just translucent, about 2 minutes. Add diced asparagus and peas, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender but not browned, about 6 minutes.
- 2.Add egg and cook, stirring, until moist curds have formed throughout, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to grill and cook until top is set, about 3 minutes. Let frittata cool slightly. Run a thin spatula around and under frittata to detach any spots stuck to the frypan.
- 3.Invert a large plate over frypan, and in one quick motion turn frittata out onto plate. Set aside.
Combine shaved asparagus and halved tips with pea shoots/salad greens and mint in a large bowl. Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly. Cut frittata into wedges and serve with salad on the side
Delicious Hot or Cold